Snorkel with giant Whale Sharks in the ocean.
This tour leaves from CANCUN. If you are staying on Isla Mujeres, click here.
Whale Sharks are not whales. They are sharks, but these giant sharks don't even have teeth! They filter plankton as they skim the surface of the ocean with their mouths wide open.
This gives us as humans a unique opportunity to get up close to the largest shark on earth. Snorkel beside the amazing whale sharks for an unforgettable experience.
*UPDATE: The Season is only mid-May through mid-September
- Continental breakfast
- Whale Shark Swim (equipment included)
- Snorkel tour to Isla Che Reef (equipment included)
- Refreshments (water, beer, soda)
- Light lunch of sandwiches & fresh shrimp cocktail
- Reef Tax included
- GUARANTEE: You WILL SEE Whale Sharks or you will receive a 75% refund!
- It is also very common to also see sting rays, angel rays and sea turtles.
The tour only takes 10 swimmers out each tour. It is 45-60 minute boat ride to where the Whale Sharks are located. If you want to go on the boat, but not snorkel, it is the same price per person.
- 2019 SEASON starts mid-May! Book your trip today!
- Transportation is INCLUDED at no extra cost for Cancun, Playa Mujeres, Puerto Morelos & Playa del Carmen. South of Playa del Carmen to Akumal is $15 USD per person. Bahia Principe to Tulum is $25 USD per person
- Tour Time: 7:30am - 2pm daily from Puerto Juarez dock
- If you don't swim well, the guide can snorkel with you and hold your hand
- Suggested minimum age: 5 years old
- Not for pregnant women
- You can rent a wetsuit for $10 if you like
- DISCLAIMER: Snorkeling is not for everyone. You should not snorkel if you have any of the following: Heart condition, pace maker, asthma, poor circulation or high blood pressure. You CAN snorkel, but at your own risk.
- Each pair of snorkelers gets to go out with the Whale Sharks for 5-10 minutes at a time, until everyone gets a turn. Each person will have 3-4 turns
About Whale Sharks: The whale shark is the biggest shark and the biggest fish. It is NOT a whale. It has a huge mouth which can be up to 4 feet wide. This enormous shark is a filter feeder and sieves enormous amounts of plankton, krill, small fish, and squid to eat through its gills as it swims. The shark can process over 1500 gallons (6000 liters) of water each hour. Whale sharks are slow swimmers, going no more than 3 mph (5 kph). Whale sharks are harmless to people and usually indifferent to divers. This shark swims slowly near the surface, consuming small crustacean plankton and small fishes. Plankton is it's main source of food.
Cancellation Policy & Details
- All prices are in US Dollars
- Tours require a deposit or payment in full at time of booking.
- If the tour departs as scheduled then you need to be on it. If you are not on the tour on time, you will forfeit any deposit made.
- Do not assume a tour is cancelled by rain. Only the tour operator determines if a tour is cancelled due to weather. That is not up to us. It rains here very often and rain will not stop most tours.
- To Cancel: Call us local in Cancun 998-273-2970 or email us at email@example.com.
- Less than 48 hours before tour time, still call us. We'll do what we can to get your refund.
- If your tour is cancelled by the tour operator for any reason including weather, you will receive a full refund or be able to reschedule with no penalty.
- To Change: You can change the date of any tour without penalty by calling us 48 hours in advance.
- Here is all of our Contact Info